Monday 11 June 2012

Old New Borrowed Blue



I am so excited I can hardly contain myself.  Unfortunately as I was on a training course this afternoon I missed my first lesson with year 12s as shiny new year 13s.  I was very generous in letting them continue with work from another subject, I didn't want to reveal the new project title until I had time to properly explain and share my enthusiasm for it too. 

As, at present I am the only one who knows of this blog's existence and also because I plan on sharing this with my group tomorrow too I am confident that they wont be able to have a sneaky peak in advance of tomorrow's lesson. 

So- Old, New, Borrowed, Blue.  Not because I want everyone to start designing their wedding dresses.  I would like the words to be explored independently, possibly combined where possible.  I would like everyone to have an opportunity to explore the concept of 'upcycling', generating something new out of something old and in the process adding value- making it worth more than it did before.  This will also provide quite a large variety of scope for the written (essay) element- I can hear the sighing already!

I could go on and on and on, this is one of my most favourite topics, so I will leave you with some simple slides from my presentation for tomorrow.

Miss Miller




No comments:

Post a Comment