Sunday 17 June 2012

Damien Hirst

Slightly late to jump on the bandwagon yesterday my friend Anna and I visited the Damien Hirst exhibition at the Tate Modern. In all honestly I didn't really know what to expect, I haven't been exposed to that much of his work- aside from the most famous. I really enjoyed the exhibition, in his focus on celebrating death and combining ultimate luxury with hell (very well linked to the A level Art brief- Alex!)

My favourite elements were of course the butterflies and also Mother and Child Divided- which has now made me explore the anatomy of a cow with more interest.

I can't recommend this exhibition enough. I didn't realise there was a void that needing filling- but it definitely has been! Get yourself there anyone- particularly 12&13 over the summer. It finishes on 9th September.

Enjoy!

Miss Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment